Marie Forleo International
No friggin’ clue. The early parts of it were started back in 2001.
Coaching, educational products and services to help women entrepreneurs (and very cool men) live Rich, Happy & Hot.
Startup With No Money
I worked as a bartender at night and built my business during the day.
Anything that melts.
‘There cannot be too many glorious women.’ –Marianne Williamson
The TP Roll
Over, no doubt. Under is weird.
Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory (the original).
Don’t have any. They’re a waste of good energy.
Health, Wealth or Happiness?
Happiness rocks. When you’re happy, you can produce health and wealth.
Taught a 6 hour long dance class, then performed 2 hip-hop routines (in front of 200 people), and then partied for 4 hours in London. It was a LONG day.
• Graduated Valedictorian with Business Degree, Seton Hall University (Age 21)
• Worked on the floor of Wall Street’s NYSE (Age 21)
• MTV Hip-Hop Choreographer/Producer/Dancer/Instructor (Age 26)
• Nike Sponsored Athlete & International Master Trainer (Age 28)
• Authored Best-Selling Book – “Make Every Man Want You: How To Be So Damn Irresistible You’ll Barely Keep From Dating Yourself!” (Age 29)
• Released 4 Top-Selling fitness videos (Age 30)
• Speaking circuit for entrepreneurs re: unconventional success (Age 30)
• Became Fox News online Life Coach/Relationship Host (Age 30)
• Book selling internationally through McGraw Hill (Age 32)
• Launched Rich, Happy & Hot programs for Women Entrepreneurs (and cool men) (Age 32)
The Real Story Behind The Accomplishments
• Graduated Valedictorian with Business Degree, Seton Hall University – I rarely slept. I partied as hard as I worked. Big Lesson: You CAN have it all, but it requires dedication and a sense of humor.
• Working the NYSE floor – I cut off all my hair to be taken more seriously. Didn’t work. Thank God hair grows back.
• MTV Hip-Hop Choreographer/Producer/Dancer/Instructor – I was “discovered” by chance, and instead of saying “shucks” I can’t do it – I went for it. Zero professional training; All passion and lot’s and lot’s of balls. Traditional wisdom says to start dancing at 26 is crazy – way too old. I say screw traditional wisdom.
• Nike Sponsored Dance Athlete & International Master Trainer – Unexpected perk: Nike gear makes for great presents and the occasional ethical bribe.
• “Make Every Man Want You: How To Be So Damn Irresistible You’ll Barely Keep From Dating Yourself!” – Self-published, baby! No patience for traditional publishers. Too many compromises. Figured I could do it better myself. Went on to sell 8,000 copies, because I used smart direct marketing jedi tricks.
• Created four top-selling fitness videos – From being discovered, to MTV, to Nike, I was getting better introductions and kept going for it. On the downside, I had no control over cheesy outfits on covers. This happens when you’re the “talent.”
• Speaking Circuit – Some get my take that spirituality plays a big part in success; others think I’m cute but a little kookoo. Either way when opportunities came, I said yes then figured out how to actually deliver on it.
• Became Fox News online Life Coach/Relationship Host – Got this gig from doing a private hip-hop class for 30 women. Go figure.
• Self-published book goes big – McGraw-Hill purchased it two years after I self-published. They began worldwide distribution. I had to remove the word “damn” off the cover, I lost part of my subtitle and they killed my back cover copy. Not thrilled… but I am learning to play the game. Book is selling in US, Canada, France, Asia, Korea, Australia, UK, India.
Super happy book is getting out there in a big way. Even happier I knew the money is in the backend.
• Launched Rich, Happy & Hot programs for Women Entrepreneurs (and cool men) – Friggin’ beyond excited about this. BIG MASTER PLAN: Help entrepreneurs transform the planet and figure it out with my market as we go. I plan to have lots of fun with this one.
You Can Too – And More!
Don’t let the story fool you – I’m just like you. I have the same kinds of hopes, dreams, fears, insecurities and my regular share of “oh sh*t” moments. I’ve just trained myself to NOT to listen to my thoughts, and to perform to the very best of my ability, engaging fully and completely in each moment.
Three key things every TPE can use right now:
1) Screw Conventional Wisdom: If you feel it in your heart, go for it. Don’t let anyone tell you what you can’t do.
2) Upgrade Your Personal Operating System: Train yourself to live in the moment as a lifestyle. (Yes it can be done.) In my experience, it’s the most powerful, mind-blowing, fast-acting, underground approach for business success and personal fulfillment.
3) Become A Marketing Maven: Leverage the heck out of the Internet and direct response marketing. Remember, it doesn’t matter how life changing your product or service is if no one knows about it.
Are you a Toilet Paper Entrepreneur? Do you have a cool entrepreneurial story to share? If so, I want to hear it. E-mail me at Mike@ToiletPaperEntrepreneur.com!